Kathy Roy (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://spiritgarden.ca website (the “Service”).
Please read these terms carefully.
Information we collect
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our email list to receive newsletters, when you register for a course or membership, respond to a survey or fill out a form (contact form, payment plan request etc.).
When subscribing or registering, you may be asked, as appropriate, your first and last name, your email address, your mailing address, your preferred language and your credit card information.
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference and the referring site. We use this type of information to administer the site and provide the highest possible level of service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
- If you choose to disable or block our cookies on your computer or other device you will need to do this through your browser. Click on the ‘Help’ menu on your particular browser to learn how to manage your cookie preferences. Alternatively, you can visit aboutcookies.orgor www.youronlinechoices.eufor comprehensive information on how to manage cookies.
- We set cookies (first party cookies) on web pages, however, where we require additional information, we may also allow other companies to host cookies on our Site (third party cookies). These companies have been carefully selected by us and are required to meet contractual obligations they have with us.
- The cookies on the Site may be from any of the following categories:
- i) Strictly Necessary cookies– these are used for technical reasons and are necessary to enable the Site to operate efficiently so that you can navigate the Site with ease and use specific features. These include, for example, cookies that help us to debug any errors. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, some of the Site may not operate effectively.
- ii) Functionality cookies– these are used to improve the functionality of the Site and make it easier to use. They help us to identify you as a repeat user of the Site and help us remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
iii) Analytical – these record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it (if any) more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How do we share cookies?
- We may share information that we collect through cookies, in aggregated form, with carefully selected third parties for the purposes set out above, unless you disable or block cookies.
The use of your Information
We use the information you provide:
- to communicate with you about Spirit Garden news, courses, products and services
- to improve our products, services and website
- to process transactions
- to provide customer care and support
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues
We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing students and visitors, such as our payment processors (Paypal and Stripe), our email service processor (Mailchimp), and our membership provider (MemberSpace), etc. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. We will never share your personal information with unrelated third parties.
We will never sell or give away the information we collect to anyone other than to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, as required by law.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. No personally-identifiable information should be given by visitors under 18 years of age without the prior written consent of their parent or guardian.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is safely kept.
While we make every effort to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us could be accessed by a third-party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe from this list” link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update your information
You can update your information for our newsletter by clicking on the “update your preferences” link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as you wish to be registered to our mailing list and as long as your customer account is active and you have not otherwise requested us to delete your information.